f python?

Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) spamtrap at library.lspace.org.invalid
Mon Apr 9 08:19:46 EDT 2012

In <20120408114313.85 at kylheku.com>, on 04/08/2012
   at 07:14 PM, Kaz Kylheku <kaz at kylheku.com> said:

>Null-terminated strings are infinitely better than the ridiculous
>encapsulation of length + data.

ROTF,LMAO!

>For one thing, if s is a non-empty null terminated string then,
>cdr(s) is also a string representing the rest of that string
>without the first character,

Are you really too clueless to differentiate between C and LISP?

>Null terminated strings have simplified all kids of text
>manipulation, lexical scanning, and data storage/communication
>code resulting in immeasurable savings over the years.

Yeah, especially code that needs to deal with lengths and nulls. It's
great for buffer overruns too.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT  <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>

Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action.  I reserve the
right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.  Reply to
domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not
reply to spamtrap at library.lspace.org