multithreading

Kiuhnm kiuhnm03.4t.yahoo.it
Sun Apr 8 05:52:23 EDT 2012

On 4/8/2012 7:04, Bryan wrote:
> Kiuhnm wrote:
>> My question is this: can I use 'threading' without interfering with the
>> program which will import my module?
>
> Yes. The things to avoid are described at the bottom of:
> http://docs.python.org/library/threading.html
>
> On platforms without threads, 'import threading' will fail. There's a
> standard library module dummy_threading which offers fake versions of
> the facilities in threading. It suggests:
>
> try:
>      import threading as _threading
> except ImportError:
>      import dummy_threading as _threading

I have a decorator which takes an optional argument that tells me
whether I should use locks.
Maybe I could import 'threading' only if needed. If the user wants to
use locks I'll assume that 'threading' is available on his/her system.
By the way, should I avoid to 'import threading' more than once?

Thank you so much for answering my question.

Kiuhnm