Python Gotcha's?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 23:54:23 EDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> wrote:
> No, but there certainly is a justification for expecting JAVASCRIPT Object
> Notation (which is, after all, what JSON stands for) to follow Javascript's
> syntax rules.  And Javascript happens to follow the same quoting rules as
> Python.
>
> Now, I fully understand that it is the way it is.  I'm merely pointing out
> that his was not an unreasonable expectation.

I agree, it would make sense. But that's only because of the name; if
it had been called "Just Simple Object Notation" or something
stupider, then nobody would expect it to be the same as anything. And
these days, nobody's confused by the fact that Java and Javascript are
completely different beasts.

ChrisA