Python Script Works Locally But Not Remotely with SSH

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 13:22:57 EDT 2012

On 4/7/2012 11:59 AM, goldtech wrote:
 I thought if I SSH
> even from a Linux to a Windows machine whatever I say on the SSH
> client command line would be the same as me doing a command on the
> "DOS" command-line in Windows. I incorrectly thought SSH is just a
> tunnel for text...
It gives you whatever shell the SSH server serves (could be cmd, could a
Windows build of bash, could be whatever). I think the other posters
think you are trying to view Firefox on the Linux client's desktop. If
that is indeed the case, you will need an X server on the XP machine (I
think; it might not be that simple since it's a Windows process).
AFAICT, you want to open Firefox and have it show on the XP machine's
desktop. If that's the case, see Jerry Hill's post and configure Windows
to either run the SSH server as the logged in user or to allow it to
interact with the logged in user's desktop.

--
CPython 3.2.2 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17640