xlrd 0.7.4 released!

Josh English joshua.r.english at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:46:13 EDT 2012

Maybe it's just me, but I tried to upgrade my previous versions of xlrd,
xlwt, an xlutils and now some of the modules aren't loading properly.

I am currently using Portable Python 2.7 at this workstation.

I ran "easy_install --upgrade xlrd" and the result said it had updated. If
I try to update again, it says it's already there.

When I try to import xlrd, I get an error

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'C:\\Users\\josh\\Desktop\\Portable
Python\\App\\lib\\site-packages\\xlrd-0.7.5-py2.7.egg\\xlrd\\version.txt'

I also noticed that in my Site Packages folder, I
have xlrd-0.7.1-py2.7-win32.egg as an egg file, but xlrd-0.7.5-py2.7.egg as
a folder.

This in on a Windows 7 machine.

I didn't think EGG files could be folders. Is there a change in the way the
EGG file was meant to be distributed?

Josh English
Confused Data Geek