Number of languages known [was Re: Python is readable] - somewhat OT

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 11:01:59 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 6:39 AM, Nathan Rice
<nathan.alexander.rice at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you miss the part where I said that most people who learn to
> program are fascinated by computers and highly motivated to do so?
> I've never met a BROgrammer, those people go into sales.  It isn't
> because there aren't smart BROmosapiens (sadly, there are), they just
> couldn't give two shits about computers so programming seems like a
> colossal waste of time to them.

I have never met the brogrammer stereotype.  I have also never met the
non-brogrammer stereotype of nerdy solitude (well, maybe once).
That's all these things are -- stereotypes.  Real programmers are much
more complex.

> Computers require you to state the exact words you're searching for as
> well.  Try looking again, and this time allow for sub-categories and
> synonyms, along with some variation in word order.

Lazy troll.  You made the claim.  The onus is on you to provide the evidence.