Installing Python 2.5.2 on Win 7

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 1 16:57:10 EDT 2012

On 1-4-2012 22:11, W. eWatson wrote:
> To solve this problem I thought I would install the software on my laptop Win7 PC. When
> I tried PIL.1.1.6 I got several unexpected messages that seem to indicate things were
> not going well. I have stopped to find out if it is really possible to install this
> suite of software on Win7. Is it possible? If not, will uninstalling Python also remove
> PIL?

I'm using PIL 1.1.7 (the latest version available from effbot's website) on Windows 7.
Admittedly, with Python 2.7.2, but there's an installer for Python 2.5 as well.
I assume it should work just fine.

What errors were you seeing?

And no, uninstall Python won't remove PIL - it has its own uninstaller.

Irmen