inquery

Lovda, Kathryn lovdak at muohio.edu
Wed Apr 18 18:32:51 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm having trouble trying to script for a fellow graduate student who is
doing research on frogs and their homeranges. He asked me to help him by
using python to manipulate his data on ArcMap 10. Here is a summary of the
situation:

"A fellow graduate student working in the Boone Herpetology lab in the
Zoology Department has asked you to help him with his research project.
Specifically he needs to know what land use land cover types the frogs he
has been studying had within their "homerange" in the early 1990s. He has
field measurements for current data but he wants historical data on what
this same area was like in terms of land use land cover (LULC). The output
you provide to him should be a table that lists the total area of each land
cover type within ALL frog homeranges in each county. Use the data provided
to you to write a script that has the desired output that your friend
needs."

I know that I have to use the JoinField command and the Statistics command,
but not sure how to formulate the script. Is there anyway you can send me a
script to work off of? Thanks for your help.

--
Kathryn Lovda
Miami University IES Graduate Student
Lovdak at muohio.edu