Interrupting a blocking function frolm another thread.

superhac007 at gmail.com superhac007 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 14:45:33 EDT 2012

I am using the python module nfqueue-bindings which is a nfqueue
packet intercepting module.  It uses the following snippet of code to
start the process:

print "trying to run"
try:
     q.try_run()
     except KeyboardInterrupt, e:
     print "interrupted"

The q.try_run() method blocks.   I would like to be able to interrupt
this the same way you can hit control-c to unblock it, but from
another thread.  Does anyone have any idea on how to do this?  Is
there some sort of Exception I can generate from another thread that
would do this?

Thanks