Tools for refactoring/obfuscation

Javier nospam at nospam.com
Mon Apr 2 10:09:01 EDT 2012

Well, a .pyc file would be a too blatant obfuscation, and people at my
job would get angry.  I need something more subtle.  So I need a
refactoring tool, preferably with which I can do scripting.  These is
what I found up to now in the CheeseShop:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/bicyclerepair/0.7.1
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/rope/0.9.3

I need to check how to do scripting with them.  There seems to be no
manual for them.

This code also looks interesting, but in its present state it is for
blatant obfuscation, although it could be changed to do some refactoring:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyfuscate/0.1