Benefit and belief

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Sep 30 01:22:03 EDT 2011

alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> writes:

> I always enjoyed the possibly apocryphal claim that the design of VRML
> was influenced by the story of Indra's Net.

You see, folks? It's by “mingling in” other aspects of life with
technical discussion that we can improve the technical discussion :-)

> Maybe some religious tomes are just better? :)

They're all flawed, of course, as is any text. But some are wholly
dreadful while others have parts worth keeping.

--
 \         “Nature hath given men one tongue but two ears, that we may |
  `\          hear from others twice as much as we speak.” —Epictetus, |