[OT] Off-Topic Posts and Threads on the Python Mailing List

Westley Martínez anikom15 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:33:34 EDT 2011

I'm kind of new to the whole mailing list thing, but they seem to be a
lot more lenient than internet forums about most things.  I've noticed
that sometimes Off-topic posts can get a little out of hand.  I guess
it's not really a big deal, but it bothers me, and the trolls just love
to feed on it.  I mean, as programmers, we should devote our time to
improving computer systems.  On this mailing list, we're programmers,
nothing else, and so we shouldn't mingle other things into the list.
Think of it as using global variables or even a goto.  That's
essentially what OT is.  It just serves to obfuscate valuable answers to
good programming questions.