Installing Python 2.6.7 on Windows

Wanderer wanderer at dialup4less.com
Tue Sep 27 17:32:43 EDT 2011

On Sep 27, 5:19 pm, becky_lewis <bex.le... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 27, 9:54 pm, Wanderer <wande... at dialup4less.com> wrote:
>
> > How do I install Python 2.6.7 on Windows? The Python 2.6.6 page says
>
> > "Python 2.6.6 has been replaced by a newer security-fix only source
> > release of Python. Please download Python 2.6.7 instead."
>
> > But there is no windows installer on the 2.6.7 page. Do I install
> > 2.6.6 first and then update to 2.6.7?
>
> > Thanks
>
> Hi,
>
> is there any reason that you specifically need the 2.6 branch or would
> it be possible to update to 2.7?
>
> As someone else already pointed out, there's the ActivePython route if
> you really need 2.6.7.

I need to stay in sink with the rest of the company which is still
using 2.6 flavors. There was some investigation into going to Python 3
but not enough of the libraries we use were available. I'll install
2.6.6. I don't think the security stuff really effects me. I think it
is strange to release a security update but not really expect people
to use it.