Error 'module' object has no attribute "_extension_registry" when cPickle is imported from an installed Python 2.7.1

Wong Wah Meng-R32813 r32813 at freescale.com
Tue Sep 27 05:08:54 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I encounter this issue whereby I am not able to load cPickle module into the python I newly built. There is no issue when I load it right from the folder where the python executable and libpython2.7.so is built. However, it gives me this error when I load the same module using the installed files (python and all its modules, shared library from default /use/local folder that contains bin, lib, include sub-folders) from "make install" command.

Does anyone know why? Here is the error:-

$ python
Python 2.7.1 (r271:86832, Sep 27 2011, 15:19:26) [C] on hp-ux11
>>> import cPickle
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '_extension_registry'