Where can I find a lexical spec of python?

Thomas Jollans t at jollybox.de
Wed Sep 21 14:22:27 EDT 2011

On 21/09/11 20:01, Shaofei Cheng wrote:
> Yes, I'm using this document now but I was wondering if there is a formal spec for lexical grammar?  It looks like some part of the doc "http://docs.python.org/py3k/reference/grammar.html"  is missing.
> We can find some replacement in lexical_analysis.html but it seems this document is write for a python user instead of a guy trying to implement python.

Yes, I understood alright what you were asking. As I said, I don't
believe there is any more formal documentation of the Python language
than what you have already seen. However, I am of the opinion that it
gives you all the information you need, and that a complete formal
grammar, while perhaps, for you, easier to interpret, would not add any
information.

Thomas