Reconciling os.path.getmtime vs ftp.sendcmd('MDTM filename')

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Wed Sep 14 22:02:42 EDT 2011

* Chris Rebert <clp2 at rebertia.com> [110914 16:46]:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Tim Johnson <tim at akwebsoft.com> wrote:
> > I have written a class that uses ftplib.FTP as the parent.
> > I need to reconcile the modified time of a workstation file with
> > that same filename on a remote server.
> > Let's say we have a file called '400.shtml'. I get the mtime on
> > my workstation by
> > 1311648420.0
>
> http://docs.python.org/library/os.path.html#os.path.getmtime
> Your sample seems to be a typical Unix timestamp:
 Yup. Needs to be converted to a timedate stamp, methinks.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time
  I'll look at that tomorrow. Late here.
> > And I use
> > '213 20110726004703'

> RFC 3659 - Extensions to FTP
> Sec 3. File Modification Time (MDTM)
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3659#section-3
>
> (Note: Code 213 = File status response)
  and '213 20110726004703'[4:] should give me
  the string representation of the timedate stamp on the
  remote file.

  Thanks. I will look at the unix_time entry soon.

--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com