Replace pip installed package with latest git version?

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 13:06:35 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Micky Hulse <mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure if you got an answer yet, but this is how I would do it:
> sudo pip install --upgrade
> git+git://github.com/jedie/python-creole.git#egg=python-creole

Having read your message more closely, it sounds like you did not
install the package originally form github? If that's the case, I
don't think using --upgrade will be of any help. Sorry 'bout that.

I suppose you would have to uninstall the original PIP version:

sudo pip uninstall egg-name.egg (or just the package name)

... and then:

sudo pip install -e
git+git://github.com/jedie/python-creole.git#egg=python-creole

Although, I am not sure if that is the best way to do it.

Crawling back into my hole now. :)

Micky