stackoverflow and c.l.py

memilanuk memilanuk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 08:33:54 EDT 2011

On 09/13/2011 09:12 PM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Matt Joiner, 14.09.2011 04:23:
>> i'm curious as to what can be done with (and handled better) by
>> adjusting sys.setswitchinterval
>> i've opened a question on SO for this, that people might find of
>> interest: http://stackoverflow.com[...]
>
> I wonder why people ask this kind of question on stackoverflow, and then
> come here asking people to go over there, read the question, and
> (potentially) provide an answer.
>
> IMHO, c.l.py is a much better place to ask Python(-related) questions
> than stackoverflow. It's also a much better place to search for an
> answer that is already available in the archives.
>
> Stefan

Just an opinion from the unwashed masses... but I don't see the p0rn
spam over on SO that I do on c.l.py, for one.  I also seem to generally
get better results from the search engine there, for two.  Not saying
one is necessarily better than the other, but just subscribing to the
feed for the [python] tag on SO has a pretty good SNR...