[ANN] Shed Skin 0.9

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Sep 10 13:34:19 EDT 2011

On 9/10/2011 7:08 AM, Mark Dufour wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just released version 0.9 of Shed Skin, a (restricted-)Python to
> C++ compiler.

That should say "Python2.(4-6) to C++ compiler".

I do not want to pick on Mark, who I think is doing great work, but I
find it annoying when third-party developers use the generic 'Python' to
refer to undisclosed older versions of Python.

> Please see my blog for the full announcement:
>
> http://shed-skin.blogspot.com <http://shed-skin.blogspot.com/>

While Mark never reveals this crucial information anywhere on this page,

> The Shed Skin homepage is located here:
>
> http://shedskin.googlecode.com <http://shedskin.googlecode.com/>

he does specify versions in the first sentence of this page. That is
much better than some other projects.

--
Terry Jan Reedy