Portable locale usage

Siniša Šegvić ssegvic at zemris.fer.hr
Wed Sep 7 14:33:57 EDT 2011

I have set the system-wide locale to Croatian (Croatia)
on my development system as instructed by:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-the-system-locale

Nevertheless, your proposal produces:
('English_United States','1252')

Note that I would very much like
to avoid changing the system locale
(this requires Administrator password and system restart).

Setting the locale for my program only would be interesting,
but AFAIK this can not be done on Windows (?).

> Why are you trying to force a specific locale to your program anyway?

Because I wish to be able to correctly sort Croatian names.

I expect that most of my Windows users will not care
to configure their computers with the national locale
(and besides, that does not seem to work, anyway).

Cheers,

Sinisa