Installing WebDAV server

Fokke Nauta fnautaNO at SPAMsolfon.nl
Wed Sep 7 05:17:03 EDT 2011

"Dennis Lee Bieber" <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.823.1315377607.27778.python-list at python.org...
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 21:26:12 +0200, "Fokke Nauta"
> <fnautaNO at SPAMsolfon.nl> declaimed the following in
> gmane.comp.python.general:

<cut>

>> (here I try to login the WebDAV server with the local IE browser)
>>
>> INFO:fshandler :get_data: D:\Webdav not found
>
> At this point my best suggestion is to study the source code of
> fshandler to see what it is doing at this moment in time (offhand, is
> there any content IN the directory to be "served"?)

There is a file indeed, in d:\Webdav

>> server - - [06/Sep/2011 21:05:35] - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0;
>> Windows N
>> T 5.1; Trident/4.0> - "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 -
>> server - - [06/Sep/2011 21:05:35] - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0;
>> Windows N
>> T 5.1; Trident/4.0> - "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 -
>>
> That almost looks like something is trying to retrieve a default
> page for 404 (not found) page.
>
> To save you some time:
>
> -=-=-=-
>        if os.path.exists(path):
>            if os.path.isfile(path):
>                file_size = os.path.getsize(path)
>                if range == None:
> ## REST SNIPPED
>            else:
>                # also raise an error for collections
>                # don't know what should happen then..
>                log.info('get_data: %s not found' % path)

I have seen this part. Do I need to alter it?

> Note that at this point in the system, it is looking for a FILE, not
> a directory.
> --

I have re-installed Python and the setuptool, and tried the Python version
of Active, but it did not make a difference.
So now I use the "old" Python 2.7 again. Used easy_install to install
PyWebDAV. I now run davserver.exe from the Script directory. Still the same
problem.
What I found, however, was that if I specify the directory from the command
line (like davserver -D d:\Webdav -n) there is no error message as
"INFO:fshandler :get_data: D:\Webdav not found". The browser shows still the
404 error.
The error "INFO:fshandler :get_data: D:\Webdav not found" only occurs when I
specify the "-c config.ini" in the command line.

I didn't expect it to be this so tricky. It looked easy to set up an
experimental webdav server.

Fokke