Installing WebDAV server

becky_lewis bex.lewis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 07:46:20 EDT 2011

On Sep 5, 3:51 pm, "Fokke Nauta" <fnaut... at SPAMsolfon.nl> wrote:

> Hi Becky,
>
> I tried it straight away:
> directory=D:\Webdav\
> directory=D:/Webdav/
>
> Didn't work, in both cases the same error "fshandler:get_data: \Webdav not
> found".
>
> I have the opinion that my WebDAV installation is at fault. The database is
> not created either.
> To have set up Python, I used python-2.7.2.msi.
> To install WebDAV, I used PyWebDAV-0.9.4.1 and PyXML-0.8.4 packages, both
> Unix/Linux.
> To install the, I used
> "
>
> >> You dont install from "Python GUI", use normal cmd, navigate to the
> >> folder
> >> you downloaded PyXML and PyWebDAV and run "python setup.py install"
> >> (python.exe has to be in your PATH). Then you have to find the
> >> startup-script "davserver". Find your python installation directory and
> >> look into<Install dir>/Tools/Scripts, in my computer this is
> >> E:\python27\Tools\Scripts. PyXML and PyWebDAV get installed in the
> >> site-packages folder i.e. E:\python27\Lib/site-packages. You might have
> >> look for "davserver" there..."
>
> Shall I reïnstall the whole lot? Would it make a difference if in that case
> I would use ActivePython-2.7.2.5-win32-x86.msi instead of python-2.7.2.msi?
>
> Fokke

You could try that but I'd imagine you'll end up with the same issue.
My best guess is that something is preventing os.path.isdir from
detecting the path as a directory under windows. I can't reproduce it
on my Linux system but may have a working windows installation later.
If I were you I'd fire up a python shell (execute python and get the
>>> prompt), import os.path and manually try os.path.isdir(path_name)
to try and find out what the actualy problem is.