Algorithms Library - Asking for Pointers

Chris Torek nospam at torek.net
Sat Sep 3 00:35:05 EDT 2011

In article <18fe4afd-569b-4580-a629-50f6c74829e8 at c29g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>
Travis Parks  <jehugaleahsa at gmail.com> wrote:
>[Someone] commented that the itertools algorithms will perform
>faster than the hand-written ones. Are these algorithms optimized
>internally?

They are written in C, so avoid a lot of CPython interpreter
overhead.  Mileage in Jython, etc., may vary...
Intel require I note that my opinions are not those of WRS or Intel
Salt Lake City, UT, USA (40°39.22'N, 111°50.29'W)  +1 801 277 2603
email: gmail (figure it out)      http://web.torek.net/torek/index.html