slightly OT -- LaTeX

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Sep 1 22:11:23 EDT 2011

Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> writes:

> I asked a question a couple weeks ago about scripting WordPerfect with
> Python, and a couple respondents suggested LaTeX was very good.

Someone (you, or the respondents, or some combination of those) has
omitted a few steps there, and what you've said here has become a non
sequitur: I can't see the path you've taken from “scripting WordPerfect
with Python” to “LaTeX”.

How does this relate to Python? (If it relates only to WordPerfect or
LaTeX, you're in the wrong forum, so I assume there must be some
particular relevance to Python.)

> Where would I start if I wanted to learn about it?

About LaTeX? <URL:http://www.latex-project.org/> seems the obvious
answer.

If you want something more specific, please be more specific with the
question.

--
 \          “Now Maggie, I’ll be watching you too, in case God is busy |
  `\       creating tornadoes or not existing.” —Homer, _The Simpsons_ |