test if a subclass inherits a superclass method

Kayode Odeyemi dreyemi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 07:58:35 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm testing Python's class abstractness and inheritance. Since interface
doesn't exist, I will
like to test how to have access to a superclass method from a subclass
without necessary
invoking or overriding the superclass method in its subclass.

>>> class Equipment(object):
...     def fault():
...             return "fault"
>>> Equipment().__class__
<class '__main__.Equipment'>
>>> class Vehicle(Equipment):
...      # Find out here if Vehicle has access to fault

I want to know whether Vehicle has access to Equipment's fault() method.
Just want to know if it's there(that a vehicle can also develop a fault).

I know I can override it, but I want to know if I can use it directly
without overriding it.
--
Odeyemi 'Kayode O.
http://www.sinati.com. t: @charyorde