Optparse buggy?

Fulvio false at pp.jaring.my
Thu Sep 1 17:12:44 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm on python3.2, trying some experiment with OptionParser but no success

>>> from optparse import OptionParser as parser
>>> parser.add_option('-n','--new', dest='new')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python3.2/optparse.py", line 1001, in add_option
    option = self.option_class(*args, **kwargs)
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'option_class'

Any futher item in the option won't make any better.
--
Archlinux on $(uname -a) :P