__dict__ attribute for built-in types

candide candide at free.invalid
Fri Oct 28 06:23:46 EDT 2011

Le 28/10/2011 11:08, Hrvoje Niksic a écrit :

> longer be allowed for the interpreter to transparently cache them.  The
> same goes for integers and other immutable built-in objects.

On the other hand, immutability and optimization don't explain the whole
thing because you can't do something like [].bar = 42.

> If you really need to attach state to strings, subclass them as Steven
> explained.  All code that accepts strings (including all built-ins) will
> work just fine, transparent caching will not happen, and attributes are
> writable.

OK, thanks, I'll consider it seriously. Actually I have a directed graph
whose nodes are given as string but it's oversimplistic to identify node
and string (for nodes requiring specific methods).