__dict__ attribute for built-in types

candide candide at free.invalid
Thu Oct 27 18:52:40 EDT 2011

Le 28/10/2011 00:19, Steven D'Aprano a écrit :

> What, you think it goes against the laws of physics that nobody thought
> to mention it in the docs?<wink>

No but I'm expecting from Python documentation to mention the laws of
Python ...

>> But beside this, how to recognise classes whose object doesn't have a
>> __dict__ attribute ?
>
> The same way as you would test for any other attribute.

> False

OK but I'm talking about classes, not instances  : 42 has no __dict__
attribute but, may be, 43 _has_ such attribute, who knows in advance ? ;)

Let'have a try :

 >>> hasattr(43, '__dict__')
False

so we have proved by induction that no integer instance has a
dictionnary attribute ;)