passing Python data to a javascript function

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 23:55:28 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Bill Allen <wallenpb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Wow, that seems so simple now that I see it.  I was dancing around that all
> day, but just not landing on it.   Thanks so very much for the assist.
>
> --Bill
>
> Final code that works perfectly, passes the value from the Python script to
> the javascript correctly:

Congratulations! You've just written code that writes code. It takes a
bit to get your head around it (especially when you start worrying
about literal strings that might contain quotes, for instance), but
it's really cool and seriously powerful stuff. Your server-side Python
code can generate client-side Javascript code any way it likes...
unlimited possibilities.

ChrisA