Python as a replacement to PL/SQL

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Oct 24 17:36:46 EDT 2011

Alec Taylor <alec.taylor6 at gmail.com> writes:

> What else is there besides PL/Python (for any DB) in the context of
> writing stored procedures in function?

I know of no server-side language other than SQL which can reasonably be
expected to work “for any DB”.

PostgreSQL supports PL/pgSQL, PL/Python, PL/tcl, PL/Perl, and others
<URL:http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/xplang.html>.

--
 \       Moriarty: “Forty thousand million billion dollars? That money |
  `\            must be worth a fortune!” —The Goon Show, _The Sale of |