logging: warn() methods and function to be deprecated.

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 04:28:28 EDT 2011

> I think that is a real shame - it seems to be gratuitous breakage for almost

> zero benefit.  That issue shows that Trac makes heavy use of .warn, I've use
> .warn almost exclusively for many years, and code.google.com shows it is used
> extensively in the wild.

Okay, but it's easy enough to change, and people are getting a reasonable amount of time to deal with it.

> Is there still a chance to reconsider?

I'm not dogmatic about things like this; warn() is just a hangover from a long time ago and bit of a nit, that's all. I suppose I should have removed it when 3.0 was released, but it went under my radar at that time.

Hence my post here, to get feedback from logging users about this proposed change.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip