[OT] Re: Benefit and belief

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 20:31:09 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Redcat <redcat at catfolks.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:49:26 -0700, Westley Martínez wrote:
>>
>> I think you need to speak German fluently to be a good programmer.
>
> No, just Dutch :)

Whatever language it be, you do need to be competent in a human
language to be a good programmer. I speak only English of all human
languages (can comprehend a smattering of phrases in a few other
languages, but no fluency), and there are plenty of programmers who
speak only X for some other X, but you do need the skill of coalescing
thoughts into words. If nothing else, it makes everyone's lives easier
when you ask for help :)

ChrisA