Python based silent installer, how to?

Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi admin at mbnoimi.net
Thu Oct 20 05:05:24 EDT 2011

On 20/10/2011 12:00 ص, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Please don't send raw HTML (so-called "rich text") to mailing lists. It
> makes it very difficult for some people to read. If you must use HTML,
> please ensure your email client or news reader also sends a plain text
> version of the message as well.
Sorry I forgot to configure my Thunderbird.

> That will depend on what your installer is, and whether it has an option
> for silent installation.
>
> Your question is unclear. What is the connection between Python and the
> installer?
>
> "I am installing Python on Windows."
>
> "Python is already installed, and I'm installing extra Python packages,
> using many different installers."
>
> "I'm installing applications using an installer written in Python."
>
> "I'm writing my own installer, using Python."
>
> or something else?
>

> If you want a better answer, you will need to explain what you are doing
> in more detail.
I've packages built by bdist_wininst, Is there any way for install them
silently?
Or is there any way for convert them to another format (ex. msi) in that
way I can install them silently.

PS
I tried to unzip that packages (I thought I may re-package un-zipped
packages by NSIS or something else) and I discovered that the structure
of directories of bdist_wininst packages so different! for example:

---xlwt-0.7.2.win32.exe---
PURELIB

     |-- xlwt-0.7.2-py2.5.egg-info
     |-+ xlwt