Language Enhancement Idea to help with multi-processing (your opinions please)

John Ladasky ladasky at my-deja.com
Mon Oct 17 02:52:30 EDT 2011

On Oct 14, 7:32 pm, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can do this right now with Python 3.2+ and concurrent.futures:
>
> from concurrent.futures import ThreadPoolExecutor

You may have finally sold me on struggling through the upgrade from
Python 2.6!  I've been doing reasonably well with the Multiprocessing
module, but it looks like the syntax of ThreadPoolExecutor offers some
significant improvements.

Here's hoping that numpy, scipy, and matplotlib are all Python 3.x-
compatible by now...