Python library for generating SQL queries [selects, alters, inserts and commits]

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:44:44 EDT 2011

Tim Chase <python.l... at tim.thechases.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure it can entirely be chalked up to not looking hard
> enough.

It's explicitly cited in the feature list:

Raw SQL statement mapping
SQLA's object relational query facilities can accommodate raw SQL
statements as well as plain result sets, and object instances can
be generated from these results in the same manner as any other
ORM operation. Any hyper-optimized query that you or your DBA can
cook up, you can run in SQLAlchemy

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/features.html

That it's expression language translates down to pure SQL is also
shown within the first few sections of the tutorial too:

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/core/tutorial.html

I'm not sure how they could make it more obvious.