Opportunity missed by Python ?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 06:07:09 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 8:45 PM, candide <candide at free.invalid> wrote:
> Dart is the very new language created by Google to replace Javascript.
> So Python was not able to do the job? Or may be they don't know about Python
> at Google ;) ?

Python, as I found out to my detriment, is practically impossible to
sandbox effectively. Any language that hopes to gain full traction in
a browser-based environment MUST be secure against scripts gaining too
much control over the browser chrome.

Also, Dart is looking to support (optional) strict typing, which
Python doesn't do. That's a fairly major performance enhancement.

ChrisA