Embedding a "frame" into a movie using python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:06:45 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 5:27 AM, J <1jason.whatford at gmail.com> wrote:
> My objective is to have the user put together some images html and embed the image as a frame into a video file (any embeddable format e.g. swf). So there are three steps:

SWF isn't the easiest format to work with; it's not necessarily a
video, but might be a scripted object. Try working with real video
formats such as avi, mpg, or ogv.

You may wish to look into PiTiVi, an open source video editor; it's
written in Python. I'm not sure if you can achieve what you want by
simply driving PiTiVi externally, but at very least, it's worth a
peek.

ChrisA