TK + MVC

Alexander Kapps alex.kapps at web.de
Sun Oct 2 19:13:48 EDT 2011

On 02.10.2011 04:40, Gregory Ewing wrote:
> Alexander Kapps wrote:
>
>> But I think a simple (and quick 'n' dirty) Tk MVC example can look
>> like this:
>
> The Controller doesn't seem to add any value in that example.
> You might as well connect the Model and Views directly to
> each other.

Sure, in that simple example the Controller is just there to show a
complete MVC pattern with all three parts. There are often examples
where the View is actually both, the View and the Controller.

That's why I said that I'm not sure if I really understand the MVC
pattern. There are so many different versions, sometimes strict and
sometimes less strict, and I think what's the real problem with my
example is, whether it is really correct to not connect the Model
and the View directly, but to let the Controller "mediate" between both.