Python selenium web driver

Yesudian Rajkumar Johnkoilpillai jyesudian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 05:01:46 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am looking into using Selenium 2.0 for launching Firefox and browse few
sites. I am using Python APIs to talk to webdriver on Ubuntu 11.04. I am
basically trying to follow the steps mentioned at
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/selenium . When I run the program, it throws
error as below.

yesudian at yesudian-virtual-machine:~/Try$ sudo python five.py
[sudo] password for yesudian:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "five.py", line 6, in <module>
    browser = webdriver.Firefox() # Get local session of firefox
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/selenium/webdriver/firefox/webdriver.py",
line 46, in __init__
    self.binary, timeout),
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/selenium/webdriver/firefox/extension_connection.py",
line 46, in __init__
    self.binary.launch_browser(self.profile)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/selenium/webdriver/firefox/firefox_binary.py",
line 44, in launch_browser
    self._wait_until_connectable()
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/selenium/webdriver/firefox/firefox_binary.py",
line 87, in _wait_until_connectable
    raise WebDriverException("Can't load the profile. Profile Dir : %s" %
self.profile.path)
selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: "Can't load the
profile. Profile Dir : /tmp/tmpCR4CB7"

I tried to launch chrome also and the same issue happens. Do you have any
thoughts ?

Regards
Yesudian Rajkumar