Can I submit an issue with Python 2.5.6?

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 13:34:00 EST 2011

2011/11/29 Toshiyuki Ogura <mlto at live.jp>

>  I found a problem with Python 2.5.6.

> Can I submit the issue at bugs.python.org?
> I think many people are still using Python 2.5 because of Google App
> Engine and fixing bugs with 2.5 is still helpful.

I don't think they'll be accepted.  Python 2.5 is not slated to receive any
more releases, ever.  Not even source-only security fixes.  According to
http://www.python.org/getit/releases/2.5.6/, "This release is the final
release of Python 2.5; under the current release policy, no security issues
in Python 2.5 will be fixed anymore."  Given that they're not even
accepting security patches, I'm sure they won't accept non-security
bugfixes either.

If your goal is to get your patch accepted and deployed on google's app
engine infrastructure, you could try getting a hold of someone at google,
and asking if they accept patches directly, since there will be no further
maintenance from the core python developers.  I have no idea how difficult
it would be to do that, or if there's any interest in accepting patches
against python 2.5 at google.

--
Jerry