sick of distribute, setup, and all the rest...

Matt Joiner anacrolix at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 07:54:24 EST 2011

Agreed. I recently gave Haskell a go, and it was remarkable how
similar the package management is to Python's.

How well does the new "packaging" (set for release in Python 3.3?)
module deal with the problems?

With a better package management system, the half of the standard
library that nobody uses can be unceremoniously dumped, and their more
recent upstream versions used correctly. Even distutils itself is
"obsolete", the first recommendation people give is to replace it with
distribute and/or pip.