What I do and do not know about installing Python on Win 7 with regard to IDLE.

W. eWatson wolftracks at invalid.com
Tue Nov 22 22:46:01 EST 2011

On 11/22/2011 7:29 PM, W. eWatson wrote:
> On 11/22/2011 11:29 AM, Alan Meyer wrote:
>> On 11/22/2011 1:55 PM, Alan Meyer wrote:
>>> 6. Select, or navigate to and select, the python IDLE interpreter.
>> On my system that's
>> C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\Pythonwin.exe
>>
>> Alan
> OK, I'm going to try it soon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Well, all there was there was a README.txt file that told me the purpose
of the folder.
"This directory exists so that 3rd party packages can be installed
here.  Read the source for site.py for more details."

Of course, Dennis'
C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\Pythonwin.exe
wouldn't work either.

I did a Win 7 search Pythonwin.exe, and found nothing. However,
sometimes that search fails even when though there is something on the
PC that matches the search.

There is a pythonw.exe under C:\Python32.