Passing DLL handle as an argument (in Windows)

Pekka Kytölä peksikytola at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 06:49:14 EST 2011

Hmm. Let me describe what is going a bit more carefully:

What I build is a dll file that has exported function that gets called
when the host application/dll loads my dll. In this function the
function pointers to the actual SDK functions are fetched. After this
my dll's registers some plugins that have callbacks. After that it's
all about reacting to an event/callback. What I'd like to do is that
after fetching those SDK function pointers I'd like to fire
up .py/.pyc that snoops for possible plugins written in python and
registers those plugins and callbacks and let them react to events.
Obviously this python code needs access to those SDK functions.
Essentially it would show for the host app as one .dll but registers
multiple plugins from different python files.

I don't mind if it's not ShellExecute route, but I'd prefer
approaching this so that I don't need to compile different dll's to
different versions of python but let the python code take care of that
stuff.