(n00b) Tkinter trouble

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 22:49:37 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails at gmail.com> wrote:
> Apparently I could not do what I was wanting to (state=DISABLED is not a
> valid option to Toplevel).  What I wanted to do was something similar to
> what the dialogs were doing from tkMessageBox.

Yes, that would be what you'd want. I wonder, though: Is Toplevel the
right window class? There may be a better class for a subwindow.
Again, I'm not familiar with Tkinter, but a quick google suggests that
Frame or Window might be worth looking into. Ideally, you want the
window to disable its parent and claim all events.

ChrisA