(n00b) Tkinter trouble

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 03:49:03 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then, I can reactivate all of the buttons in the destroy() method before
> calling the destroy() method of Toplevel on self.

Small side point that might save you some work: Instead of disabling
and enabling all the buttons, disable the whole window. I don't know
Tkinter well enough to know if there's an easy way to create a modal
window, but the thing to do is to disable the entire window rather
than just its command buttons - that's the least astonishing[1] user
interface technique.

ChrisA

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_astonishment