bug python2.3+zipimport+ubuntu 10.04 amd_64

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Nov 11 12:44:22 EST 2011

OK it seems there's a bug in zipimport.c that was fixed in 2.4. I copied across
the 2.4 version and after removing a single new error check the rebuilt python
2.3 works fine. There was supposed to be a patch here

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/python/python/dist/src/Modules/zipimport.c?r1=1.16&r2=1.17

but it's a dead link.
--
Robin Becker