easy_install doesn't install non-package *.py file

Makoto Kuwata kwa at kuwata-lab.com
Wed Nov 9 19:58:15 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 4:09 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> On 11/7/2011 11:32 PM, Makoto Kuwata wrote:
>>
>> I got trouble about easy_install command.
>>
>> My package:
>>
>>   README.rst
>>   setup.py
>>   foobar/
>>   foobar/__init__.py
>>   foobar/data/
>>   foobar/data/template.py
>>
>> In the above example, 'foobar/data/template.py' is just a
>> template data file (= not a python module file).
>
> Then why is it .py? If it is just data, use .txt. If .py, it should be
> python code run either directly or imported, though I suppose you could exec
> it. (I have no idea how renaming would affect your problem.)

I want to use template names according to language,
such as template.py, template.html, template.rst, template.js, and so on.

My question is "how to include non-python files into egg file?"
I may change file name suffix from '.py' to '.py.template',
but it doesn't solve my problem.

--
regards,
makoto kuwata