all() is slow?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 07:14:09 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Henrik Faber <hfaber at invalid.net> wrote:
> On 07.11.2011 23:06, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> So really, it's not "all() is slow" but "function calls are slow".
>> Maybe it'd be worthwhile making an all-factory:
>
> PLEASE say you're joking. If I saw code like that on any of our project,
> this would definitely qualify for a DailyWTF.

For the benefit of anyone who was actually in doubt: YES, I was
joking. Do *not* put code like this into any production project.

But it's still fun to write bad code once in a while. It's like
Mythbusters getting to crash cars. Fun partly _because_ it's something
you normally don't want to do.

ChrisA