Python lesson please

David Riley fraveydank at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 18:54:46 EST 2011

On Nov 6, 2011, at 3:34 PM, Cameron Simpson wrote:

> Perhaps more relevantly:
>
> If you have unmangled a lot of tabs, remember that control flow is
> indentation based in python, and you may have broken some logic.
> (For this reason a number of us set our editors to work only in spaces).

I would absolutely check this first.  I can't count the number of programs I've screwed up in difficult-to-detect ways because I've converted from tabs to spaces incorrectly.  It's how I've finally learned to let a program/script do it for me, because Python is the first language I've used with significant leading whitespace.

- Dave