Python lesson please

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Sun Nov 6 15:21:12 EST 2011

On 11/06/2011 01:14 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> Greetings experts:
>
> I just dl'd the duqu driver finder script from a link to NSS on /., and
> fixed enough of the tabs in it to make it run error-free.  At least python
> isn't having a litter of cows over the indentation now.
>
> But it also runs instantly on linux.
>
> This line looks suspect to me:
>   rootdir = sys.argv[1]
>
> And I have a suspicion it is null on a linux box.
>
> How can I fix that best?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers, Gene

Nothing wrong with that line, assuming the user of the script happened
to provide an argument for rootpath.  Probably it should be preceded by
a a conditional:

     if len(argv) <2:
            tell.user.that.she's.missing.the.rootdir.parameter
      else:
            rootdir = sys.argv[1]
            etc.

What does the help text show when you run the script with the --help
argument?

--

DaveA